recent posts

a wrong woman who breathed a fortune on Bitcoin worth £ 500,000 on a darkweb drug binge can't even remember losing all her luck


AN AUTHOR was horrified to find out she spent nearly £500,000 worth of Bitcoin buying drugs on dark web.Jia Tolentino told her Bitcoin horror story on the Reply All podcast in 2018 



Bitcoins are highly volatile and one of the most popular cryptocurrencies





 Sun Online has been looking for other warning stories from the crypto world - and one of these stories was told by Jia Tolentino.


Ms Tolentino, 32, a New Yorker staff writer and published author, revealed her own Bitcoin horror story when she appeared in the Answer All tech podcast in 2018.


He connected with the show as he remembers buying about £ 50 ($ 80) from Bitcoin in 2012 while exploring Dark Web - but he wasn't sure what happened to his stash after switching laptops.



"Jia says he bought 80 cents worth of drugs to buy drugs, and he knows there was still bitcoin," said its manager Alex Goldman.


"But, 6 years since the first purchase, you have completely forgotten what happened to bitcoin."


Today - 17.5 coins he bought at the time can now cost £ 456,253.


Assuming he could stay lucky, the Super Tech Support team in the game put their heads together to try to trace his lost fortune, which could have cost about £ 200,000 at the time.


However, they found out that he used almost all of his Bitcoin to buy drugs on the Dark Web marketplace Silk Road.


He hoped he would find out that he had some of the money left over as he remembered buying Bitcoin to buy weeds and MDMA - but he did not know what happened to the rest.


It turned out that all that was left was 0.00209 bitcoin, worth about £ 75

It’s so embarrassing

Jia Tolentino

"This really hurts to look at. This really hurts to look at. I really… wow," Jia said on Reply All.

She added: "It’s so embarrassing. You know this is like my mom was always like, 'Jia you shouldn’t do any drugs.'

"And I’m like, 'Mom, my life is very on track'/ This is like the first time that I’ve been like yeah, you should stop doing drugs."

When asked by the hosts if the drugs were good, she said: "They were fine. I actually think the weed was not that good, and I think the molly was molly so it was great."





the revelation says, "Oh my God. Really? Wait, I used almost everything?


He added; "O my lord. This is - oh my lord."


And writing in a podcast in 2018, he said: "If you listen to today's response, when I call Super Tech Support to see if I'm rich with bitcoin that has been lost, you will feel a little bit more owner than I ever had in my life."


Responding to a friend, he added: "omg you have seen my college growth habits I bet you can guess what I did with my bitcoin."


She followed the message with a crying emoji as she lamented her lost wealth.


Bitcoin is very volatile and has recently dropped significantly in value

The price of Bitcoin fell by almost 4% yesterday after billionaire businessman Elon Musk wrote on twitter that he had had active discussions about the stability of the digital currency.

It came after he prompted a price crash last week after confirming his firm Tesla would stop accepting the cryptocurrency concerns around the coin's environmental impact.

He wrote on Twitter: "They have spoken to North American miners for Bitcoin. They are committed to publishing current and revitalized applications and are asking WW miners to do so. They may be promising."


It comes at a time when China is attacking money mines and Bitcoin is sitting at 50% of its time on Sunday.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.